Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A new beginning

Every August as the new school year approaches reality, I find myself daydreaming. A lot. Sure, I daydream about normal stuff like really delicious and fresh corn on the cob, but a lot of my time is spent thinking about my classroom.

I look at every new school year as the perfect opportunity to improve or even try something totally different! The sophomores and juniors in my classroom are very different than the ones I had 5 years ago, even the ones I had last year. So, if my kids are changing, then I need to be ready to do the same.

I saw this infographic (a great way to explain data visually and succinctly) at onlineeducation.net that looks at the relationship students have with technology. The Twitter stat, next to the #hashtag, is especially interesting to me.
Students Love Technology
Via: OnlineEducation.net
Pretty engaging means of explaining data, huh? I'm thinking back to all the infographics I've poured over in the last couple months and I think I need to utilize this means of organizing and explaining data - by having my students do it. Infographic.. think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment